Re: Custom html object

Brad Clarke
It's already in the HTML parser. Also, the param attribute doesn't look valid.
Adding anything more than basic support for one object type is going to become
complex very quickly so you're going to have to be much more specific about what
you're looking for.

Brad C

--- Marco Maccaferri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I need to test a page with a custom html object in the form:
>
> <object id="myobj" classid="clsid:XXXXX" param="a"></object>
>
> I tried the ActiveX object map using the classid but seems to have no
> effect.
>
> Is there any document that explains how to add a custom object to the
> html parser ?
>
> Bye

Re: Custom html object

Marco Maccaferri
Brad Clarke wrote:

> It's already in the HTML parser. Also, the param attribute doesn't look valid.
> Adding anything more than basic support for one object type is going to become
> complex very quickly so you're going to have to be much more specific about what
> you're looking for.

I was trying to replicate a custom object (an input field) that is
created the way I wrote and provides some custom methods. The param
attribute is in the form accepted by the custom object.

I managed to get this working by hacking the source code. I tried to
extend the library and provide an extension mechanism similar to the
activex objects but I wasn't able to get too far.

In the meantime I also dropped htmlunit due to the problems I had
testing the javascript code.

Bye