Quantcast

SSL peer not authenticated error on https thru HTMLUnit

SSL peer not authenticated error on https thru HTMLUnit

Vasudevan Comandur
All,

    I am using HTMLUnit to access some sites. I am getting the error SSL peer
    not authenticated. I have the default cacert file that comes with java.

    When I start the URL "https://www.careerbuilder.com/Share/LogIn.aspx?" with
    webclient, I am getting peer not authenticated exception. I have disabled
    javascript in webclient.

    How can I find out to which site HTMLUnit is connecting to that causes the error.

     The real browser is displaying the login screen when I access the site through
     the above URL.

     Any pointers to solve this issue is appreciated.
     Thanks in advance.

Regards
 Vasu

Re: SSL peer not authenticated error on https thru HTMLUnit

asashour
Hi Vasu,

The below works with Java 1.8.0_102.

        WebClient webClient=new WebClient();
        HtmlPage xmlPage= webClient.getPage("https://www.careerbuilder.com/Share/LogIn.aspx?");

Ahmed

Re: SSL peer not authenticated error on https thru HTMLUnit

Vasudevan Comandur
Hi Ahmed,

   Thanks for the answer. I tried with CACERT of JDK 1.8.0_102 as suggested. It worked for the for the first time
   but when I restarted the app and retried the same site it was failing with peer not authenticated error.

    Any idea why it fails.

Regards
 Vasu

On 13 October 2016 at 00:01, Ahmed Ashour <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vasu,

The below works with Java 1.8.0_102.

        WebClient webClient=new WebClient();
        HtmlPage xmlPage= webClient.getPage("https://www.careerbuilder.com/Share/LogIn.aspx?");

Ahmed

Re: SSL peer not authenticated error on https thru HTMLUnit

Tristan Janicki
Will a call to anchor.click() update the page for which the anchor is on? E.g. will

                ((HtmlAnchor) webpage.getByXPath("XPath").get(0)).click();  // will this update the webpage or will i have to reinitialize it, like so?
              webpage =  ((HtmlAnchor) webpage.getByXPath("XPath").get(0)).click();