Time for a new release

Marc Guillemot
Hi everybody,

what about a new release? The last one is over 4 months old and many
problems have been fixed since this date.

Ok, nearly all commits are from me (sadly) but I'd like to ask the other
committers as well as the readers of this mailing list before producing
a new release.

Are there some issues you want absolute to see fixed before release 1.10?

I wanted to make some improvements for AJAX related stuff but didn't
find time for it and it can wait for a new release.

Marc.

Re: Time for a new release

André Søreng

I think the problem with multiple document writes (bug tickets 1185389,
1160622 and 1124613)
is something that needs to be fixed before the release since it causes
HtmlUnit to create the wrong
DOM on almost every web page out there that contains javascript of above
trivial complexity.

André

Marc Guillemot wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> what about a new release? The last one is over 4 months old and many
> problems have been fixed since this date.
>
> Ok, nearly all commits are from me (sadly) but I'd like to ask the other
> committers as well as the readers of this mailing list before producing
> a new release.
>
> Are there some issues you want absolute to see fixed before release 1.10?
>
> I wanted to make some improvements for AJAX related stuff but didn't
> find time for it and it can wait for a new release.
>
> Marc.

Re: Time for a new release

Marc Guillemot
I don't see these 2 issues as blocking for next release: they don't make
current state less stable than last release as they are older. I would
be glad to commit changes if someone provide a patch but I don't have
time to look at them by myself.

Marc.

André Søreng wrote:
> I think the problem with multiple document writes (bug tickets 1185389,
> 1160622 and 1124613)
> is something that needs to be fixed before the release since it causes
> HtmlUnit to create the wrong
> DOM on almost every web page out there that contains javascript of above
> trivial complexity.
>
> André

Re: Time for a new release

Mike Bowler
Marc Guillemot wrote:
> what about a new release? The last one is over 4 months old and many
> problems have been fixed since this date.

+1

--
Mike Bowler
President, Gargoyle Software Inc.

Re: Time for a new release

Brad Clarke-3
+1

This might need some SVN related updates:

http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/packagingARelease.html

I'm guessing that the ssh related stuff can simply go away.

Brad C

On 11/1/06, Marc Guillemot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> what about a new release? The last one is over 4 months old and many
> problems have been fixed since this date.
>
> Ok, nearly all commits are from me (sadly) but I'd like to ask the other
> committers as well as the readers of this mailing list before producing
> a new release.
>
> Are there some issues you want absolute to see fixed before release 1.10?
>
> I wanted to make some improvements for AJAX related stuff but didn't
> find time for it and it can wait for a new release.
>
> Marc.

Time for a new release

Brad Clarke