Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
including the initial issue submission, for this request,
not just the latest update.
Submitted By: maomao (maomaode)
>Assigned to: Marc Guillemot (mguillem)
Summary: XMLPage is not namespace awared
method buildDocument() in class
has the following problem:
1. It might not be encoding-friedly, the following
usage :new InputSource(new
might cause junk character if the host encoding is
different from the xml encoding.
SUGGESTION: use webResponse.getContentAsStream()
2. The return Document is not namespace awared.
SUGGESTION: add factory.setNamespaceAware(true)
I think it's just the quiest way to fix the problem. And you
can't ask user to do anything for you. To write a unit test
with the testcase i provide and alone with the comments i
made before, is not a big challenge.
Anyway, i like htmlunit, and i want imporve the quality of
the project, as you can see, i use "suggestion" in the
comment, since you also a programmer, it's easy for you to
evaluate if the "sugguestions" are right or wrong simply
through reading the code.
There are no needs to reply the comment, and i'm also off
the thread, it's just waste our time.
Comment By: Marc Guillemot (mguillem)
Date: 2006-05-30 15:18
Logged In: YES
I don't see why you need commit rights at all (which you
surely won't become this way) and absolutely don't see why
it would take more time.
A committer could surely take your explaination to write a
unit test. Nevertheless in this case the probability to see
the problem quickly fixed is really smaller than if the
committer can spend all their available time on fixing the
problem (or just applying a patch having the right quality).
Yes, i can provide a unit test for the snag as long as i
have the commit rights, otherwise it will take too much
time. and i think the testcase which i gave is quit enough
for the commiter to add a unit test. i tried with the fix,
it do solve the problem.
Try the attached rss feed file with the xpath expression
bellow: /rss/channel/sns:index/sns:text/text(). you got null.
to fix this problem, you need add
factory.setNamespaceAware(true) in the method